GLUTEN-FREE PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE DATE BARS RECIPE
The Toasted Oat Macadamia Chunk Soft Granola & fresh soaked dates give our new granola bar recipe a soft & chewy texture.
These drool-worthy, scratch-made chewy granola bars are flavor packed with a classic pair: peanut butter & chocolate.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Date Bars
- Prep Time1 hr
- Cook Time30 min
- Total Time1 hr 30 min
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup The Toasted Oat Macadamia Chunk soft granola
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup dates, pitted & soaked for at least one hour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk [option to use vanilla]
- 1/4 cup creamy nut butter [we used peanut]
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark or milk chocolate baking chips, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Line an 8-inch by 8-inch square baking dish or pan with parchment paper & set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together oats, granola, coconut, salt & cinnamon.
Blend soaked dates & almond milk in a blender or food processor until smooth.
Add peanut butter & vanilla to mixture in blender & blend until smooth.
Pour wet mixture into the dry granola mixture & mix until combined.
Pour batter into baking dish & spread until evenly distributed. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until edges begin to brown & the top is set.
Remove bars from dish & let cool on rack in one piece.
Cut into bars & drizzle on melted chocolate. Store in an airtight container.