STRAWBERRY GOAT CHEESE BALSAMIC BRUSCHETTA
- Prep Time5 min
- Cook Time16 min
- Total Time21 min
- 10 oz. bag The Toasted Oat Apricot Shortbread Soft Granola
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 gluten-free bruschetta bread loaf, sliced [Italian works well, too!]
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. strawberries, washed & halved [or diced]
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves, plus more for serving
- 1 cup goat cheese, room temperature
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
Heat balsamic vinegar in a small pot over medium-low heat. Simmer 8 to 10 minutes, or until reduced by about half. Remove from heat & allow to cool to room temperature.
Prepare a grill for high heat. [No grill? Broil in the oven or toast them!] Place bread slices on a foil-lined baking sheet & drizzle with olive oil.
Combine halved [or diced] strawberries & thyme in a small bowl & set aside.
Grill sliced bread on the preheated grill until browned, about 3 minutes per side.
Add black pepper, salt & reduced vinegar to the strawberry-thyme mixture. Mix well & top each slice of bruschetta with the mixture.
Sprinkle The Toasted Oat Apricot Shortbread Soft Granola on each slice & garnish with additional thyme.