GLUTEN-FREE COCONUT ZUCCHINI BREAD RECIPE
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time55 min
- Total Time1 hr 10 min
- 3/4 cup The Toasted Oat Macadamia Chunk Soft Granola
- 2 cups fresh zucchini, shredded & unpeeled
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk (non dairy-free substitute 2% milk)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted (non dairy-free substitute butter)
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9″ x 5″ bread pan with coconut oil or butter.
Grate zucchini into shreds, wrap them in a cheese cloth & squeeze as much water out as possible.
BAKEHOUSE TIP: If you don’t have a cheesecloth, blot with paper towel.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the Macadamia Chunk Soft Granola, flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder & shredded coconut. Save or use extra Soft Granola & coconut to sprinkle on top of the bread. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, melted coconut oil or butter, brown sugar & vanilla extract. Add the zucchini & dry ingredients & mix until combined.
Pour the batter into the greased pan & top it with extra coconut & Soft Granola. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Tent the pan with foil after about 25 minutes of baking to prevent browning the top too much.
Let the bread cool before removing from the pan. This breakfast bread is best served warm & topped with extra butter or coconut oil.