GLUTEN-FREE COCONUT BANANA MUFFINS RECIPE
The coconut & banana flavors in these gluten-free muffins will start your day-dreaming off right with the feeling of a beach breeze, no matter the time of year.
Incorporating coconut oil & flakes adds a tropical twist to this classic breakfast muffin.
Coconut Banana Muffins
- Prep Time15 min
- 3/4 cup coconut flour [option to sub any flours totaling 1 1/2 cups]
- 3/4 cup arrowroot starch/flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup coconut milk [option to sub any milk]
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup The Toasted Oat Apricot Shortbread soft granola
- 1/2 cup walnuts or cashews, chopped [optional]
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Handful dried banana chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line muffin tin with paper liners or grease with coconut oil.
In a large bowl, mix flour[s], sugar, baking powder, baking soda & salt. Mix in the eggs, milk & vanilla.
Melt coconut oil & mix in well.
Fold in mashed bananas, The Toasted Oat Apricot Shortbread soft granola, nuts & shredded coconut.
Scoop batter into muffin pan & sprinkle on banana chips.
Bake 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.